A beginner home workout for women
To be completely honest, if you had asked me in the past which was the better way to workout, working out at home, or working out at a gym, I would of most definitely have recommended working out at the gym instead of working out at home.
Maybe the main reason for this preference was that I had never really experienced regular outdoor and home workouts, and hadn’t explored alternative ways to train until over the last 2 years. With that in mind, it is important on learning a well balanced home workout routine, and how to train at home safely.
Creating a well balanced home workout structure will also mean that you will work your whole body evenly, which in turn will not only help you to look great all over, but also promote great posture and muscle balance too.
The best home workouts for women
should have an even mixture of push, pull and lift exercises.
You may also want to incorporate exercises for your core muscles.
Key Benefits For Women Who Workout At Home
There are lots of benefits of home workouts or working out in the great outdoors including:-
- No gym fees to pay - Your home workout will cost you nothing apart from the initial home workout equipment investment.
- Convenience - If you are a stay at home mum or work from home, it may be easier and more convenient to plan your home workouts.
- Privacy - You don't have to worry about people watching you exercise.
- Time - You have the flexibility of fitting in your home workout whenever you have a spare 30-60 minutes.
- No travel costs - Working out at home will save you money on gym fees.
Best Home Workouts.
There are many different types of home workouts for women, including popular home workout celebrity DVDs.
The best and most simple home workouts don’t have to be with expensive gym equipment or with weights either.
Exercising without weights can be achieved quite easily and cheaply with the use of a set of resistance bands.
Resistance Band Home Workouts
Resistance bands workouts are not only fun, but very easy to learn and do. You can work your whole body quickly and easily, and they are also really good for beginners, intermediates, and advanced exercisers alike.
Best Home Workout Exercises
To be honest a home workout for women should incorporate the same type of exercises that a man would do. Many women are conscious about looking too muscular, so I may avoid certain exercises such as shrugs which can create a thick neck.
It is also important to realise that to get that toned look that so many women are after, you will need to do some type of resistance exercise.
Basic Home Workout Routine
Here is a basic home workout routine for women.
This routine should take no longer than an hour, and you should notice great results within 3 to 4 weeks of consistent training:
3 - 5 minutes of step ups on your bottom stair. Half on your left leg, and half on your right leg.
- 2-3 sets of Chair Squats. (Lift exercise)
- 2-3 sets of Resistance Band Rowing. (Pull exercise)
- 2-3 sets of Press Ups or Resistance Band Chest Press. (Push exercise)
- 2-3 sets of Dumbbell or Resistance Band Shoulder Press.
- 2-3 sets of Resistance Band Biceps Curls. (Pull exercise)
- 2-3 sets of Dumbbell or Resistance Band Triceps Kickbacks. (Push exercise)
- 2-3 sets of Ab Crunches. (Core exercise)
Lower Back Exercise
- 2-3 sets of Good Mornings. (Core exercise)
Calf Stretch. Hamstring Stretch. Thigh Stretch. Shoulder Stretch. Chest Stretch. Back Stretch. Triceps Stretch. Biceps Stretch.
For any more information on home workouts and resistance band training, please feel free to contact me through my website Home Workouts Personal Training Service
What is your favourite home workout for beginners or even a more advanced workout like Insanity?
Please feel free to leave a comment below to share your home workout tips.