TOP 11 TOXIC HABITS KILLING YOUR BODY – CHANGE THEM NOW!
Each day our bodies are ‘bombarded’ with toxins, which can affect our regular functions and general health. Many common diseases such as flu, eczema and acne are initiated by acidic substances. Getting rid of those harmful elements doesn’t come easy to our system and we need to support it with the right counterbalancing foods. That’s the principle of alkalizing cleanse diet.
ECD (Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals) - most harmful and wide-spread toxins - interfere with hormone action, which in turn can affect our immune system, metabolism, sexual functions and other biological processes. The slightest imbalance can also have a large impact on our well-being.
What are EDCs?
Substances such as BPA (bisphenol A), phthalates as well as pesticides and persistent organic pollutants all belong to this group. Awareness of these harmful elements is slowly becoming priority for growing number of people.
What we often don’t realize that these substances can enter our system not only though the foods we eat but also through the way we store and prepare it. But that’s not all. According to World Health Organization (WHO), “human exposure to EDCs occurs via ingestion of food, dust and water, via inhalation of gases and particles in the air, and through the skin.”
Furthermore, other studies confirm that over 95% of us show exposure to phthalates through toiletries and household products.
11 toxic habits
How can you reduce exposure to toxins? Simply by making few changes to our daily routine – and maybe a shopping list. Please find below some of the most common ways we come across pollutants and other harmful chemicals.
- Storing foods in plastic food containers – these seemingly innocent storage boxes are crammed with BPA and other chemicals which in turn can leak into the stored food. Instead, opt for glass jars and containers to reduce the risk of contamination
- The same rule applies to the plastic water bottles
- Heating food in polycarbonate trays – the plasticizing chemicals can easily enter our food when heated
- Buying canned food – did you know that tins are lined with BPA? Always make sure to pick products in cardboard packaging or glass jars
- Baby bottles and toys – always read the label to confirm they are BPA free
- Drink only filtered tap water with EDCs removed (distilled water)
- Picking GMO and biodynamic foods – always pick products that are organic and GMO free
- Cosmetics and household products – read the labels and pick the environmentally-friendly items, which are phthalate-free
- Avoid receipts! Yes, taking them will not only cram your pockets, they will also expose you to toxic BPA, which is used to coat the paper
- Use vacuum cleaner with HEPA filter to prevent breathing dust particles full of EDCs
- Get rid of non-stick pans (coated with PFOA layer) and instead use ceramic, cast iron, stainless steel and titanium ones.
Detox with alkalizing diet
In order to balance the damaging acidic substances we inhale, we need to include more alkalizing foods in our daily diet and use powerful organic alkalizing cleanse to flush the toxins out.
What foods are best to stabilize our system? Anything that can balance out the acidic elements. At the same time we need to avoid all products that naturally ‘store’ the toxins in our bodies, such as: coffee, dairy products, alcohol and sugars.
Instead, let’s stock up on the powerful detoxifying products:
- Fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Leafy greens are most alkaline – especially spinach
- Tofu free from soya and ricotta
- Hazelnuts, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Coconut oil and virgin olive oil
- Herbs and spices – such as oregano, turmeric, mint and parsley
- Fresh garlic
- Herbal teas – especially peppermint and chamomile
- Green juice – green vegetables are very alkalizing, turn them into scrummy smoothie!
- Lemons and lime – they will give you plenty of energy in the morning
- Root vegetables – such as carrots, beetroot and celeriac have all strong alkalizing abilities