Alkaline diet reached headlines in January 2013 when Victoria Beckham tweeted about new Alkaline cookbook. That’s when this new idea got public attention. So what is it exactly?
Alkalizing diet, also known as acid or alkaline diet, focuses on the right PH levels of our body and urine by balancing acidic foods with alkaline foods. According to latest studies, after breaking down the food we eat, we are left with left-over products, referred to as ‘ash’. This substance can be acidic or alkaline, depending on the food we eat. If we eat mostly acidic foods (dairy, caffeine, alcohol), the ‘ash’ left as a by-product in our system can be a source of many diseases, such as osteoporosis and kidney stones. Alkaline cleansing theory recommends getting rid of acidic ‘ash’ with counter-balancing alkaline foods and powerful alkaline cleansers.
What acidic foods to avoid?
Anything that makes our body produce acid should be avoided. These are the following:
- Meat – steer clear from any animal protein: chicken, pork, beef or lamb
- Fish – it’s also highly acidic
- Cheese – especially mature cheese
- Wheat – most white breads and cereal
- Refined sugars – preserves, fizzy drinks, cakes and sweets
- Processed foods – canned products and ready meals
All the above products are said to produce low PH environment in our system, which is highly acidic.
Why acidic foods are bad for you?
If eaten in excess, the acid forming foods can cause a number of illnesses, including Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), arthritis, osteoporosis, kidney stone and even some types of cancer. Dodging canned foods is beneficial for other reasons too, which we have covered in our previous article: Top 11 toxic habits killing your body.
Sticking to alkalizing foods can not only improve your health and well-being, but also give you more energy (your digestive system will rest from chemically processed foods and meats), improve your complexion and help you lose weight.
What alkalizing foods to eat?
Here is the fun part! Alkaline diet actually lets you eat most yummy nutritious products out there. Just reading the list of recommended alkaline foods makes you feel a little bit healthier. Have a look yourself:
- Alkalizing vegetables: broccoli, cabbage, spinach, kale, salad leaves, celery and cucumber
- PH balancing vegetables: cauliflower, beetroot, onions, peas, potatoes and peppers
- Ripe fruits: bananas, mangoes, watermelons, papayas
- Juicy fruits: apples, berries, grapes, lemon, oranges, peaches and pears
- Alkalizing proteins: almonds, chestnuts, tofu
- New and ancient grains: amaranth, quinoa, rye, buckwheat
- High quality cold pressed virgin oils: flaxseed oil, olive oil, pumpkin seed oil, hempseed oil
- Alkalizing spices: cinnamon, curry, ginger, mustard, sea salt, basil, rosemary and thyme
- Herbal teas
Note that some fruits such as lemons and oranges, while considered acidic have actually highly beneficial alkalizing effect on our system.
Why having good PH balance is important?
Our bodies are naturally capable of balancing acidic foods we eat. That is, if it’s not eaten in excess. Yet, overuse of tobacco, alcohol and caffeine can disrupt these functions. Also, if we already suffer from under-performing stomach, kidneys or other organs, we need to help our bodies to cleanse the acidic ‘ash’ by eating more alkalizing foods and using organic alkalising cleanser to balance our system to optimum levels.
Balance unhealthy diet
The regular American and European diets are packed with acid forming foods: processed packaged meals, sweets and all washed off with soda drinks and caffeine. Can you spot how little we eat of healthy alkaline foods to keep our guts performing correctly?
That’s the main reason behind the most common diseases, which can be easily avoided with the right diet and alkalizing cleansers.
For best results, balance your body first with organic alkalizing cleanse to start off with a blank canvas. This alkaline cleanser is available now on offer from our Amazon store. Buy it now and get a FREE UK delivery!